The aim of this course is to explore the world of paragliding free flight in a day !
In the morning, we’ll get to know each other and share a tandem flight. During the midday break, there will be a short theory briefing with the meal, to prepare for the next part, where it is your turn. In the afternoon, it’s time for the practical ! On a suitable training slope, (gently sloping at the top then completely flat), we will learn the basics of how to handle a paraglider on the ground : inflation, games with the wing overhead, first acceleration.At the end of the session, those who are skilled enough will even be able to take off to fly a few dozen centimetres in the air, landing again safely just a few metres away.
The offer includes
• The « introductory » tandem flight
• Theory briefing • Class on the training slope (around 2 to 3 hours)
• All the required equipment for the introduction on the training slope
• Midday meal at the Hôtel du Lac (dish of the day, drinks not included)
Conditions of participation
• The « introductory » courses only take place in summer and during the cable car opening hours, and depending on snow conditions.
• The minimum age is 15 years.
• Equipment to bring with you: good shoes which cover the ankle, such as hiking shoes, light gloves with fingers, a helmet (ski, cycling, or climbing helmets OK), sunglasses, enough to drink (min. 1 litre)
Place: Crans-Montana and surrounding areas
Length : 10:00 - 16:00 approx.
Meeting point : In front of Zerodix bar, at the departure point of the Crans Cry d'Er cable cars.
Price including loan of equipment
• CHF 280.-/person for 1 person
• CHF 230.-/person for 2 people
• CHF 190.-/person for 3 people
• CHF 160.-/person for 4 people
Valid: From 16 June until 14 October 2018, depending on the cable car opening dates.
• In the event of cancellation by the client, there is a CHF 100.00 administrative charge.
• Reservation possible up to 3 days before the desired date, if places are still available.
• The tandem paragliding cable car ticket (free with the MagicPass, or CHF 15.-) is not included in the package.
• In the event of unsuitable weather, the activity will be rebooked or refunded, as agreed by the service provider.
• Participants must be personally insured against accidents.
If you enjoy the « introductory» day course and if you still have one or two days free, why not plan to continue to your first solo flight, guided on the radio ? Generally you’ll need 2 to 4 days to reach this level, depending on the speed that you learn. This corresponds to the first level (stage 1) of the Swiss paragliding licence.