Florian Rey | Golf
Date of birth: 17 June 1996
Swiss Champion Golf Amateur (2016)
Engadine Amateur Champion (2015)
Club Champion (2015 and 2013)
Top 20 in the ASG Order of Merit (2015)
Valais Junior Champion (2014)
Swiss Junior Interclub Vice-Champion (2014 and 2013)
My dream is to be able to live from my sport by playing at a professional level. I intend to change from Amateur to Professional in the years ahead.
Passions : Sport and travel
Current Teams : ASG Elite Team / Crans-sur-Sierre Golf Club
Florian Rey, a young local from Crans-Montana, fills his freetime with a number of sports, but his speciality is golf ! A Swiss contender in his discipline, Florian is a member of the highly renowned Crans-sur-Sierre Golf Club, which enjoys an exceptional course at 1,500m. He therefore benefits from solid coaching and an idyllic place to train, in order to break into the sport and perhaps one day reach professional level. A Mecca for golf in Europe, thanks to its two exceptional courses and the organisation of the Omega European Masters, Crans-Montana stands by Florian, a young talent and a worthy representative of his sport in the resort.
At just 20 years old, Florian Rey already has a number of wins under his belt in his sport of choice, golf. Swiss vice-champion in 2013, Valais Junior champion in 2014, Engadine champion last year and finally, Swiss Amateur Champion in May 2016, Florian already has an impressive list of achievements and a great career ahead in the sport. An active member of the Crans-sur-Sierre Golf Club, his « home turf» is Crans-Montana, and the resort’s golf courses hold no secrets for him. And there’s enough on offer on the greens here, in fact the region has some of the most beautiful golf courses in the world. To sum up, Crans-Montana offers :
- A splendid 18 hole course, the famous Severiano Ballesteros, which hosts major tournaments such as the OMEGA European Masters (1 to 4 September 2016)
- A 9 hole course, the Jack Niklaus, located a few steps away from the Severiano course in idyllic surroundings between Lake Moubra and Lake Etang Long
- A Driving Range to practise long drives, which is accessible to everyone, beginners and experts alike
- A 9 hole course, the Super-Crans, intended for all players, ideal for beginners and also good players
- A 9 hole course located at Noes, open year round and accessible to all
Like Florian, enjoy these wonderful golf courses whether you’re a player or spectator at one of the major competitions which are held in Crans-Montana.