Johann Tschopp | Bike
Date of birth: 1 July 1982
1st in key stage of the Giro in 2010
1st in the general category in the Tour of Utah and 1st in the key stage in 2012
Best climber Paris-Nice in 2013
Best climber Tour de Romandie in 2014
2 Swiss Mountainbike Marathon Champion titles in 2004 and in 2015
This year my main objective is to manage to reconcile my professional reconversion whilst staying on top physical form so that the results will follow in my various mountain bike marathon races.
Mountain biking, skiing, ski-mountaineering, walking.I’m lucky to have been able to live from my passion for cycling for 11 years.Something which is good for me, and which I’m passionate about, is not just the physical effort but also the contact with Nature which sports like skiing, ski-mountaineering and cycling bring us.
Current teams: DT Suisse / Prodi / Cuore
Johann Tschopp is a new Ambassador, representing cycling in its many forms (road cycling, mountain biking, fatbike). After a glittering professional career on the road, marked in particular by exploits on the biggest tours, and with a few prestigious victories, the climber from Miège has happily converted to endurance mountain biking. An intelligent and «clean» guy – the same can’t be said about the rest of the peloton !
May’s Ambassador is Johann Tschopp. Originally from Miège, a village below Crans-Montana, Johann is a bike specialist and professional. In his key disciplines, road cycling and mountain biking, he has already won some prestigious races: 1st place in the 2010 Giro queen stage, 1st in the general classification in the 2012 Tour of Utah, and best climber in the Paris-Nice road bike stage in 2013. In mountain biking, he already has two great Swiss marathon champion titles under his belt, and is hoping to shine in the Grand Raid once again this year. Cycling, and the Crans-Montana region, hold no secrets for him.
His favourite place is here. And just like him, you can enjoy the many cycling facilities in the Crans-Montana region. In fact, the resort is perfect for cycling in all its forms.
- With 200 kilometres of road routes, approved by Steve Morabito, a cycling professional and champion, there are numerous possibilities from the valley below to the upper reaches of Crans-Montana.
- As for mountain biking, you can enjoy enduro, cross-country and downhill. There are 177 kilometres of marked mountain biking tracks to ride, with over 2,000 metres height difference.
- The Bikepark has 2 tracks ending with a fantastic Northshore and a Pump Track below for beginners
- You’ll also find several hotels in Cans-Montana which are certified « Swiss Bike Hotels », and specialist sports shops which offer electric bikes as well as their other services, which include professional supervision.
- Access to Crans-Montana from Sierre, is also very easy thanks to the funicular, which doesn’t charge for bicycles, and which links Sierre to Montana in 15 minutes.
So it’s a paradise for cycling fans, which you can visit for fun or to test your performance, like Johann Tschopp. Why wait any longer to come and explore the treasures on offer to cycling fans in this region!